Greater Good Contribution Contest
Each year our ShambhaLovelies make selfless contributions and acts of kindness towards their fellow guests during the festival. Many of our veterans would remember Grandma’s Hugs or the Peanut Jelly Sandwich crew, and small acts of kindness like this are what makes Shambhala Music Festival a home to so many of our guests. Whether it’s helping others feel welcome, gifting, or running attendee-organized events, every little thing you do means the world to the festival.
To help recognize our amazing guests who give back so much each year, we would like to introduce the 2018 Greater Good Contest, with a massive prize including 2 General Admission Tickets to the 22nd Annual Shambhala Music Festival and well as $15,000 CAD split between three winners to donate to a charity or registered not-for-profit organization close to their heart.
- Make a selfless contribution to your fellow ShambhaLovelies at #Shambhala2018, whether it’s making food and handing it out, picking up trash, writing positive affirmations and handing them out, or anything else you can think of. We ask that you get creative it with it and ask yourself how you can contribute to the Greater Good for the people around you.
1st Place = $10,000 CAD to donate to a registered charity/not-for-profit organization of your choice, as well as 2 x General Admission Tickets to the 22nd Annual Shambhala Music Festival
2nd Place = $3,000 CAD to donate to a registered charity/not-for-profit organization of your choice.
3rd Place = $2,000 CAD to donate to a registered charity/not-for-profit organization of your choice.
How to Enter
- Post on any/all of your Social Media Channels (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) during the festival and let your fellow ShambhaLovelies know what you’re doing to contribute to the Greater Good, and make sure you hashtag #SMFGreaterGood so our team can find your post.
How a winner is chosen
- The top 5 Greater Good contributions will be released to our social media channels and put to a public vote. If any small acts of kindness made your #Shambhala2018 experience better, we ask you to please get involved and vote for the people who did!
- The finalists will be announced on September 1, 2018
- Voting will run for 3 days and will officially close on September 3, 2018
- A winner will be announced shortly after
Lastly Shambhala Music Festival would also want to extend a huge thank-you to all of those who participated in the 2017 Greater Good Contest, your contributions were felt both by our team at SMF and by our guests!
Video Credit: Branko – Let Me Go (feat. Nonku Phiri & Mr. Carmack)
Filmed by: Sweetgrass Productions
Edited by: Finn Gerkens