We are on the road to Shambhala with less than 30 days to go! We can’t wait for your long awaited journey home to dance on the pristine shores of the Salmo River.
As you ‘lovelies arrive from near and far, we know your journey begins well before you set foot on the farm and we want to see it! Show us YOUR road to Shambhala – whether it’s packing your funky attire and supplies, Shambhafying your vehicle with some paint, blasting your favourite Shambhala mixes on the road, or scaring the gas attendant with your infectious excitement or making friends in the line and at the festival. Don’t forget to throw in some of your favourite moments from the festival this year. Document your journey and you could win 2 x tickets to Shambhala 2019.
As you await to be welcomed home by your favourite six forested stages, how have you been preparing for your next adventure? Comment with a photo!
How to Enter:
- Like + Share this post on Facebook or Repost on Instagram with the hashtag #OnTheRoadToShambhala2018 *make sure it is public*
- Record and submit a video of your journey to and time at The 21st Annual Shambhala Music Festival (Minimum Length: 30 seconds, Max length: 3 minutes). Submissions due August 26, 2018 by 11:59pm (PST). To submit your video, you must upload to a publicly-accessible Youtube channel
- Upload your video to Youtube and send an email to: email@example.com with the link.
- Submissions will be posted on our website for voting and the winner will be announced right before 2019 tickets go on sale
Judging and prizes
- Top # submissions will be selected by a panel of Shambhala Music Festival judges and posted on the www.shambhalamusicfestival.com website for users to vote
- Voting will close on August 30, 2018 at Midnight (PST)
- Winners will be announced on August 31 2018
- 1 winner will be granted 2 x Shambhala 2019 tickets (Total of $1160 value)
Rules and Guidelines:
- No illegal substances or alcohol or nudity are permitted in the video
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless your own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- No professional assistance is allowed
- Length of the video should not exceed 3 minutes
- All entries must be submitted of full legal name and email address of person(s) (max of 2 people) to win Shambhala 2019 tickets
- The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded 2 x Shambhala 2019 tickets if the entry wins
- All entries must be submitted in English. If entries are not in English, they must include English subtitles.
- Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant, with the following exceptions:
- Entrants grant Shambhala Music Festival the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Entrants also grant Shambhala Music Festival the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display the entrant’s project video without further compensation or notification to the entrant.
- Shambhala Music Festival maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
- By accepting the prizes, winners agree to hold Shambhala Music Festival and all Shambhala Music Festival employees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of such prizes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused from participation in the contest or use/redemption of any prize.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.
- No fee is required to participate in this video contest
- Limit (1) entry per person
- Entries that don’t comply with YouTube’s Terms of Service and Youtube’s Community Guidelines will be disqualified
- Entrants must be 19+ upon time of submitting
If you have any further questions about entering the contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo: James Coletta